You can set up a personal fundraising page to support your favorite project and help them reach their funding goals. Your personal fundraising website allows you to track the people making donations through your page so that you can thank the people who support your cause. Each donor will get a tax deductible receipt for their gift and you will receive help in getting the word out so you can achieve your goal.
Please create a username and password and then you be able to create a custom fundraising page for your selected project. After the page is created and approved, you can send the link out to potential donors through your social network and email to help raise awareness and funds for your selected charitable project.
More About Personal Fundraisin Pages
Collaboration on the web is an area of exponential growth. Personal fundraising pages, or collaborative funding via the web, is one of the standouts for growth in this evolving collaborative economy. The donation based fundraising model is where funders donate via a collaborative website based process to help individuals reach their goal. There are other sites that can facilitate personal fundraising pages, but New Horizons allows you to 1) track donors and donations received so that you can thank people appropriately, 2) allows your donors to get a tax deductible receipt for their gift, 3) has a low processing fee and
4) gives you help in getting the word out.
To get started using a personal fundraising page at New Horizons to support a cause that you are passionate about, follow these steps:
1. Decide on the cause and write up a one page summary, make it compelling and personal with picture and possibly a video. Answer the following questions:
a. Why help this cause?
b. Why this methodology?
c. Why this staff or person?
d. Why now?
2. Set a goal for how much you want to raise and the time period to raise it.
3. Set up a personal fundraising page and incorporate your one page summary.
4. Use your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and contacts to raise money for the cause, all of the contributions will be receipted and handled by The New Horizons Foundation, a tax exempt organization.
5. Use your personal contacts to make personal appeals for your cause. Focus on the following people:
a. People who care about you
b. People who care about the cause
c. People who care about the organization you will be helping
6. Consider a fundraising activity to support the cause. Make sure that your cause is prominent and that everyone gets a flyer with the cause information from 1 above and direct them to your personal fundraising page as well. Projects like:
a. Hold an informational dessert to showcase the cause
b. Buy bottles of water, ice them, and sell them outside the stadium on game day or at special events and hand out leaflets with the bottles.
7. Blog on your personal fundraising page about what is going on and how excited you are about reaching your goal. Update your site regularly.
8. When you reach your goal, celebrate and make sure you thank everyone along the way, report back to the people who gave when the goal is reached and keep them updated on the results from the project.